1. Types of Information Collected
In order to better provide you with our numerous services, we collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information and Nonpersonally Identifiable Information. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using our site.
Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this site, such as registering for a membership, ordering a product or service, communicating with us, Affiliates or third parties, submitting documents (including applications for insurance), filling out a survey, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities or elect to engage in these activities. However, we may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), email address, employer, job title and department, telephone and facsimile numbers, and other Personally Identifying Information. When ordering products or services on the site, you may be asked to provide a credit card number. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
For example, when you register with us, we will ask you for your name and e-mail address; and when you apply for insurance products and services, we’ll ask you for your date of birth, social security number, address, phone number, driver’s license number, employment, financial, family and housing information, existing life and health insurance coverage information, activity information, health information, bank account and/or credit card information, and other information.
As another example, we will collect information from third parties to, among other things, verify your identity; assist in the underwriting of your application; make eligibility, risk rating, policy issuance and enrollment determinations; obtain reinsurance; administer coverage; administer claims; protect against fraud; and conduct other legally permissible activities. In addition, if another company refers you to us, we may collect your information from that company in order to process your application for the insurance products and services offered through the site. We generally collect your identifying information (for example, your name, address, e-mail, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, and employment information), bank account information, financial information, health information, driving record, criminal history, activity information, and other personal information from these third parties.
Nonpersonally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our site in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the website's Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (“TCP/IP”) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks like the Web use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web, allowing web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet.
2. Collection Methods and Use of Information
We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you: (a) register for our services and register your email address with us; (b) submit applications for insurance through us, an Affiliate, or a third party; (c) send email messages or other electronic communications; (d) submit electronic forms or transmit other information by telephone or letter; or (e) submit your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our site. We may also collect information from you at other points on our site that state that such information is being collected.
In addition, we may also collect, or our third party ad server and/or content server may collect, certain Nonpersonally Identifiable Information. This information is ultimately stored in the form of categories, and, in some cases, specific URLs. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers and/or software, to administer our site, and to gather demographic information. Our third party ad servers will also provide us with summary, but not individual, reports that will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked upon at out site.
3. Release of Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personally Identifiable Information to others. We do provide some of our services through contractual arrangements with certain Affiliates and third parties. We and certain Affiliates use your Personally Identifiable Information to operate the site and to deliver our services.
For example, we will share your information with life insurance companies, reinsurance companies and their respective administrators, vendors, agents and third party service providers, including but not limited to insurance support organizations, that are engaged in services related to underwriting and issuing life insurance policies as needed to provide you the insurance products and services that you request.
As another example, we will share your information with third-party vendors, agents and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include billing, payments, background check services, service fulfillment, web hosting or providing analytic services. We provide only as much information as is needed for these third-party vendors, agents and other service providers to perform services on our behalf.
In addition, if you were referred to us by another company, we will share your information with that company as necessary to honor the terms of our agreement with that company and to provide you the insurance products and services you request.
We will encourage Affiliates and third parties to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by Affiliates and third parties is governed by the privacy policies of those entities, and is not subject to our control.
Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personally Identifiable Information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may also provide Nonpersonally Identifiable Information about our customers' sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to third party advertisers, but these statistics do not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
4. Updating and Correcting Information We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by writing us at:
Hammurabi Insurance Services LLC
601 Van Ness Avenue, PMB E140,
San Francisco, CA 94102
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information deleted or removed. However, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this site. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
5. User Choices on Collection and Use of Information We may, from time to time, send you email regarding our products and services. In addition, if you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us and/or Affiliates, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. Only Hammurabi Insurance Services LLC (or agents working on behalf of Hammurabi Insurance Services LLCand under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings and only if you indicated that you do not object to these offers. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information. Or, at any time you can easily edit your information to no longer receive such offers and mailings.
You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our site may not work properly in your case.
6. Security of Information At our site you can be assured that your Personally Identifiable Information is secure, consistent with current industry standards. The importance of security for all Personally Identifiable Information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. Your Personally Identifiable Information is protected in several ways. Access by you to your Personally Identifiable Information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected, Hammurabi Insurance Services LLC personnel and contractors have access to via password. We encrypt your Personally Identifiable Information and thereby prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to us.
Personal information that you provide that is not Personally Identifiable Information also resides on a secure server and is only accessible via password. Since this information is not accessible from outside Hammurabi Insurance Services LLC, you will not be asked to select a password in order to view or modify such information.
In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and/or ship your order.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
7. Cookies When you use our site, we will store cookies on your computer in order to facilitate and customize your use of our site. A cookie is a small data text file, which a Web site stores on your computer's hard drive (if your Web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us. Our cookies store randomly assigned user identification numbers, and the country where you are located. The cookies make your use of the site easier, make the site run more smoothly and help us to maintain a secure site. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our site may not work properly in that case.
We may use an outside ad serving company to display banner advertisements on our site. As part of their service, they will place a separate cookie on your computer. We will not provide any third-party ad server with any of your Personally Identifiable Information or information about your purchases. We and our third party ad server will collect and use Nonpersonally Identifiable Information about you, such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server and whether you responded to a particular ad. Other advertisers may also place banner ads on our site in the same manner as above, but we will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information to them.
9. Miscellaneous Privacy Issues You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors that are under 18 years of age.
601 Van Ness Avenue, PMB E140,
San Francisco, CA 94102
Notwithstanding the foregoing, any such modifications shall not be with respect to and shall not affect any products and services, including insurance coverage, you have already obtained through this site.
2. Description of Services We make various services available on this site including, but not limited to, the application for insurance products. Insurance products are only available to people in those jurisdictions in which they may be legally sold. By applying for insurance products through this site, you are agreeing to (i) designate us as your agent of record, (ii) authorize us to communicate such designation to any insurance carrier, your prior insurance producer, and any other person or entity we determine should be advised, and (iii) permit us to receive any compensation that any insurance carrier agrees to pay to us in connection with your purchase of insurance products.
We offer stop loss and group life and disability policies in the State of California that are underwritten and issued by Insurance Company, and presented through this site and through agents associated with us; and intermediary services, including price estimates for various insurance policies, for potential buyers of insurance and insurance agents or brokers in the United States of America. Any insurance policy that is entered into by way of the services available on this site, or that is in any way associated with this site, is solely governed by the terms and conditions of that insurance policy and are solely between the policy holder and the insurer.
You are solely responsible for providing, at your own expense, all equipment necessary to use the services, including a computer and modem; email service; Adobe® Reader software, or similar; and your own Internet access (including payment of telephone service fees associated with such access).
You understand and agree that temporary interruptions of the services available through this site may occur as normal events. You further understand and agree that we have no control over third party networks that you may access in the course of the use of this site, and therefore, delays and disruption of other network transmissions are completely beyond our control.
You understand and agree that the services available on this site are provided “AS IS” and that we assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications, data or personalization settings.
3. Consent to Conduct Business Electronically In connection with some of the services on this site, from time to time you will receive disclosures, notices, documents, including applications for insurance and insurance policies (if one is issued), and other information (collectively, “Communications”) from us.
In order to access some of the services on this site, you may be required to conduct business electronically. You may receive Communications from us electronically through e-mail or at this site. You may be required to provide an electronic signature. Such signatures will have the same effect as a physical, wet signature. Your electronic signatures will appear on all records related to the provision of any such services.
You hereby consent to conduct business with us in this manner. Your consent applies to all Communications and information that we receive from you, and all electronic signatures provided by you and accepted by us. Your consent is voluntary and, if you consent, you still have the right to receive a free paper copy of any Communication by contacting us in the manner described in Section 22 below.
You may withdraw your consent to conduct business electronically with us at any time. If you withdraw your consent, you may be unable to access some of the services on this site, including new or pending applications for insurance. To withdraw your consent to do business electronically, please contact us in the manner described in Section 22 below.
4. Data and Privacy In order to access some of the services on this site, you may be required to enter certain information and data (“User Data”), which may include personally identifiable information data, and maintaining and updating your User Data as required. By entering the information and data, you agree that all information provided in the User Data is true and accurate and that you will maintain and update this information as required in order to keep it current, complete and accurate.
In order to access some of the services on this site, you may require a separate account and password that can be obtained by completing our online registration form, which requests certain information and data (“Registration Data”) and maintaining and updating your Registration Data as required. Registration Data may include personally identifiable information data. By registering, you agree that all information provided in the Registration Data is true and accurate and that you will maintain and update this information as required in order to keep it current, complete and accurate.
5. Payment of Fees If you subscribe to a service on this site that requires payment of a fee, you agree to pay all fees associated with such service. For all charges for services on this site, we will bill your credit card. Recurring charges are billed in advance of service. You agree to provide us with accurate and complete billing information, including valid credit card information, your name, address and telephone number, and to provide us with any changes in such information within thirty days of the change.
If, for any reason, your credit card company refuses to pay the amount billed for the service, you agree that we may, at our option, suspend or terminate your subscription to the service and require you to pay the overdue amount by other means acceptable to us. We may charge a fee for reinstatement of suspended or terminated accounts.
You agree that until your subscription to the service is terminated, you will continue to accrue charges for which you remain responsible, even if you do not use the service.
In the event legal action is necessary to collect on balances due, you agree to reimburse us for all expenses incurred to recover sums due, including attorney fees and other legal expenses.
6. Conduct on Site This site is intended solely for use by United States residents who are at least 18 years of age and have otherwise reached the age of majority. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes. You may not use this site in any way that would constitute a violation of any applicable law, regulation, rule or ordinance of any nationality, state or locality or of any international law or treaty, or that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability. Any unauthorized use of this site, including but not limited to unauthorized entry into our systems, misuse of passwords, or misuse of any information posted on this site is strictly prohibited.
Your use of this site is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, including Netiquette, and you are solely responsible for the contents of your communications through this site. By distributing information in or otherwise using any communications service, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through this site, you agree that you will not upload, share, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content — including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information — that:
(i) Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates our rules or policies;
(ii) Victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
(iii) Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
(iv) Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as “spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
(v) Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; or
(vi) Impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives.
In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server. Not all areas of the site may be available to you or other authorized users of the site. You shall not interfere with anyone else's use and enjoyment of the site or other similar services. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability.
You agree that we may at any time, and at our sole discretion, terminate your use of this site without prior notice to you for violating any of the above provisions. In addition, you acknowledge that we will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected criminal violations.
7. Third Party Sites and Information This site may link you to other sites on the Internet or otherwise include references to information, documents, software, materials and/or services provided by other parties. These other sites may contain, or other parties may provide, information or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. These other sites and other parties are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites or from such parties, nor are we responsible for errors or omissions in any references to other parties or their products and services. The inclusion of such a link or reference is provided merely as a convenience and does not imply endorsement of, or association with, the site or party by us, or any warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
Neither we or our Affiliates warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on, or obtained through, this site will not infringe the rights of third parties. See “Use of Your Materials” below for a description of the procedures to be followed in the event that any party believes that content posted on this site infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party.
Certain of the ideas, software and processes on this site, or incorporated into this site, [are protected by patent applications pending in the United States] | [we intend to prepare and file patent applications in the United States], and we intend to prepare and file additional patent applications in selected foreign jurisdictions.
Aside from any User Data and Registration Data, which is described in Section 4, please do not submit confidential or proprietary information to us unless we have mutually agreed in writing otherwise. We are also unable to accept your unsolicited ideas or proposals, so please do not submit them to us in any circumstance. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you or any user of this site believes its copyright, trademark or other property rights have been infringed by communications through this site, you or the user should send notification to our Designated Agent (as identified below) immediately. To be effective, the notification must include:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
(iii) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
(iv) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be subject to infringing activity and that is to be removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the materials;
(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringing.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C.A. Sec. 512(c), our Designated Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as indicated below. Service of repeat infringers of copyright or of users about whom repeat claims of copyright infringement are received will be terminated.
Designated Agent for Claimed Infringement:
Hammurabi Insurance Services LLC
601 Van Ness Ave. E140
San Francisco, CA 94102
Your acknowledge and agree that upon receipt of a notice of a claim of copyright infringement, we may immediately remove the identified materials from our site without liability to you or any other party and that the claims of the complaining party and the party that originally posted the materials will be referred to the United States Copyright Office for adjudication as provided in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
ALL MATERIALS AND SERVICES ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THE WARRANTY OF NONINFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SITE FROM US OR OUR AFFILIATES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR BE FREE FROM MISTAKES, ERRORS OR DEFECTS.
THIS SITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER MISTAKES, INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES AT THIS SITE, INCLUDING THE PRICES AND DESCRIPTIONS OF ANY PRODUCTS LISTED HEREIN, AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. THE MATERIALS OR SERVICES AT THIS SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND WE MAKE NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE SUCH MATERIALS OR SERVICES.
THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE DOWNLOADING OR OTHER ACQUISITION OF ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THIS SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND WITH YOUR AGREEMENT THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH ACTIVITIES.
Through your use of the site, you may have the opportunities to engage in commercial transactions with other users and vendors. You acknowledge that all transactions relating to any merchandise or services offered by any party, including, but not limited to the purchase terms, payment terms, warranties, guarantees, maintenance and delivery terms relating to such transactions, are agreed to solely between the seller or purchaser of such merchandise and services and you.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY TRANSACTIONS EXECUTED THROUGH, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE, AND YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT SUCH TRANSACTIONS ARE CONDUCTED ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ANY WARRANTY THAT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, MATERIALS, OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE FROM A THIRD PARTY IS PROVIDED SOLELY BY SUCH THIRD PARTY, AND NOT BY US OR ANY OTHER OF OUR AFFILIATES.
Content available through this site often represents the opinions and judgments of an information provider, site user, or other person or entity not connected with Hammurabi Insurance Services LLC. We do not endorse, nor are we responsible for the accuracy or reliability of, any opinion, advice, or statement made by anyone other than an authorized Hammurabi Insurance Services LLC spokesperson speaking in his/her official capacity.
In addition, the materials on this site may include sample or form agreements, letters or other documents, including financially or legally significant documents such as contracts and other items (“Forms”). These Forms are provided solely as examples of typical documents of their kind, and the delivery and use of Forms does not constitute legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice. Under no circumstances will Hammurabi Insurance Services LLC or its Affiliates be liable for any loss or damages caused by your reliance on information or advice obtained through this site, including your use of any of the Forms. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, opinions, advice, Forms or other content available on or through this site. In particular, you are urged to consult an appropriate professional licensed in your jurisdiction before using any Forms or otherwise relying on any legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice or information obtained on or through this site.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT
APPLY TO YOU.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR OF ANY WEB SITE REFERENCED OR LINKED TO FROM THIS SITE.
FURTHER, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR THIRD PARTY GOODS AND SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THIS SITE OR FOR ASSISTANCE IN CONDUCTING COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE PROCESSING OF ORDERS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Indemnification Upon a request by us, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our Affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney's fees, that arise from your use or misuse of this site. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
13. Security and Password You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and for any and all statements made and acts or omissions that occur through the use of your password and account, including any communications sent and any charges incurred. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your password and account. Our personnel will never ask you for your password. You may not transfer or share your account with anyone, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account in the event of any unauthorized transfer or sharing thereof.
14. Export Controls Software available on or through this site is subject to United States Export Controls. No software from this site may be downloaded or exported (a) into (or to a resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country which the United States has embargoed goods; or (b) anyone on the United States Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United States Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
15. International Use Although this site may be accessible worldwide, we make no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any offer for any product, service, and/or information made in connection with this site is void where prohibited.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, any such termination shall not be with respect to and shall not affect any products and services, including insurance coverage, you have already obtained through this site.
17. Governing Law This site (excluding any linked sites) is controlled by us from our offices within the State of California, United States of America. It can be accessed from all fifty states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of California, by accessing this site both of us agree that the statutes and laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this site and the purchase of products and services available through this site. Each of us agrees and hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of San Francisco and the United States District Court for the Northern District of California with respect to such matters.
18. Notices All notices to a party shall be in writing and shall be made either via e-mail or conventional mail. Notices to us must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, if by e-mail, or to Hammurabi Insurance Services LLC, 601 Van Ness Avenue, PMB E140, San Francisco, CA 94102, if by conventional mail. Notices to you may be sent either to the e-mail address supplied for your account or to the address supplied by you as part of your Registration Data. In addition, we may broadcast notices or messages through the site to inform you of changes to the site or other matters of importance, and such broadcasts shall constitute notice to you.
You agree not to sell, resell, reproduce, duplicate, copy or use for any commercial purposes any portion of this site, or use of or access to this site.
In addition to any excuse provided by applicable law, we shall be excused from liability for non-delivery or delay in delivery of products and services available through our site arising from any event beyond our reasonable control, whether or not foreseeable by either party, including but not limited to, labor disturbance, war, fire, accident, adverse weather, inability to secure transportation, governmental act or regulation, and other causes or events beyond our reasonable control, whether or not similar to those which are enumerated above.
21. Permission to Contact You may choose to share one or more of your telephone numbers with us. By sharing this numbers, you give us permission to contact you at that number or numbers, and any other number we believe we may reach you through (unless prohibited by applicable law), regarding services offered through this site. Your consent allows us to use text messaging, artificial or prerecorded voice messages and automatic dialing technology, for all purposes not prohibited by applicable law. Message and data rates may apply. To permanently cease receiving text messages from us, please reply STOP to any message we send.
We may also send an e-mail to any address where we reasonably believe we can contact you. Some of the purposes for calls and messages include: suspected fraud; obtaining information; administration of your account; and collection of premiums.
Our rights under this Section extend to our Affiliates.
You may withdraw your consent to these contacts by us at any time. If you withdraw your consent, you may be unable to access some of the services on this site. To withdraw your consent, please contact us in the manner described in Section 22 below.
22. Contact Information Except as explicitly noted on this site, the services available through this site are offered by Hammurabi Insurance Services LLC, a Delaware corporation, located at 601 Van Ness Avenue, PMB E140, San Francisco, CA 94102. Our telephone number is [number].
You may have this same information e-mailed to you by sending a letter to the foregoing address with your e-mail address and a request for this information. If you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.